Ready to join one of the most successful fashion brands on the high street? Do you have a passion for fashion? Driven to achieve? United to win? If your answers are yes, we think you’ll love it here on the Island…
From our first shop in the remains of a North London bombsite in the 1940s, to now over 250 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally. We are known for our stylish, affordable fashion and we like to shout-it loud.
Our Island community is everything and we are stronger together. Every Islander counts in making fashion a force for good and we value individuality and difference. Exceptional people have made River Island a success for over 70 years. Together we will continue to do so in the years ahead.
We are one team. We are the difference. We are River Island.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
As the Store Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of your store – we expect you to manage your store as if it were your own business! In this role, you will:
· Drive sales & maximise profit – you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to increase your stores contribution. From ensuring you implement company layout to a high standard to analysing your reports, you will be accountable for the success of your branch. Conducting daily floor walks & delegating effectively, you will be on top of competitor activity and will communicate trade feedback to all levels.
· Connect with our customers – you will ensure every customer receives a world class shopping experience in your store! Leading by example, you will motivate your team to give genuine service to our customers & encourage them to maximise opportunities to up sell across all areas of the store.
· Recruit & retain the best talent – you will be passionate about your team & will be responsible for their career development. You will recruit the best team for your store & will invest your time to train & coach them, driving succession through your branch, creating future managers for the business. You will also play a key role in managing the performance of your team.
· Control costs & manage loss prevention – you will drive productivity of your team by effectively managing your payroll, having the right people in the right place at the right time. You will ensure your team protects profit by deterring theft through service. You will be responsible for ensuring your store is operationally sound with effective stock management controls in place.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING…
… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will:
· Have a proven track record in managing store KPI’s including sales, payroll, controllable costs, stock loss and service
· Be a great communicator across all levels
· Have great leadership skills
· Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
· Have previous experience at Store Manager level or be an experienced Deputy Manager looking for your next step up