Muji — Store Manager
Applications closing date: 14/12/2018
Muji have an opportunity for a Store Manager to join the store in Guildford. Reporting to the Area Manager, the Store Manager will manage and develop the sales team in order to maximise the sales, control the stock and cash following the Company guidelines.
Role and responsibilities
- To introduce and promote all categories of merchandise demonstrating consistently high standards in all areas of branch operations.
- To be aware of and communicate both store and company budgets, assuring that all staff maintains an appropriate awareness.
- Support recruiting new staff in accordance with company procedure.
- Ensure all staff receives appropriate and necessary training to perform their duties at a high standard.
- Organising staff rotas and holidays.
- To ensure all areas on the shop floor are covered at all times of the day and all customer needs are met and deal promptly and efficiently with customer complaints.
- Assist in the layout and display of merchandise.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping throughout the store at all times.
- Use weekly line reports to maintain detailed stock information for practical display use.
- Be aware of all advertising/editorial in order to take every opportunity to promote lines.
- Help plan and run twice yearly sales.
- Oversee stockroom supervisor in the maintenance and replenishment of stock, transferring and receiving stock and the organisation of stockroom.
- Maintain knowledge of cash systems including methods of payment, refund, and discount facility.
- Guarantee end of day procedures are followed with cashing up and banking in line with MUJI guidelines.
- Work with the rest of the managers to achieve the customer’s journey with focused customer service training and best seller information.
- Maintain awareness of security with all staff members.
- Ensure company policy on Health and Safety is adhered to, protecting both the employees and customers.
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to manage and develop a positive and productive team.
- Motivated to achieve and exceed goals.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance through effective training and coaching skills.
- Demonstrable and strong business acumen.
- Highly organised with the ability to adapt quickly to strategic change.
- Self-starter, who takes the initiative.
- Good communicator.
Education and experience
- Previous experience in Retail.
- Experience managing teams.
- Proven experience driving sales.
What we offer
- Competitive salary per annual basic + monthly commission + annual bonus
- 28 days holiday/year (including bank holidays) that increase with length of service
- 20% Staff Discount
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Great working environment