The Friary Guildford — Soft Service Manager
Overall Purpose of the Role
To ensure the profitable, efficient and safe operation of the cleaning and security contract within The Friary, Guildford. To provide a quality and innovative environment to all members of the team, customers, internal clients and tenants in accordance with company procedures. To provide a quality service, through team work, innovation, best practices, and the highly motivated and appropriately trained operations team. Working with support staff who are committed to the ‘One Team’ ethos of the site and working environment to manage, retain and improve the current contract service delivery with the aim of developing the continuous improvement culture throughout the site. To ensure that the team is developed to meet succession planning needs and client requirements. To be flexible in your working patterns and work on a rotational basis alongside the Management Team (inclusive of duty management duties). To ensure all staff understand our goal of a creating a happy, contented fully synchronised team, striving to create as near as possible the perfect customer experience whilst in our shopping centre. To actively Participate and contribute to the “Centre of Excellence forum”.
Always working within the CBRE Rise Values:
Respect – for all (Client, work colleagues, general public etc)
Integrity – behave with integrity
Service – the delivery of excellent service
Excellence – with a focus on excellence
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Role
- Manage, co-ordinate and lead the cleaning, security and customer service team function optimising the use of the internal and external resources, exercising budgetary control to achieve performance, quality service and the strategic objectives of the client.
- The development, implementation and monitoring of service level agreements (SLA’s) and key performance indicators (KPI’s) including customer satisfaction and the development and use of benchmarking to enable continuous improvement and measurement against other organisations.
- To be responsible for developing and implementing robust processes and procedures to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in a structured, professional and client focused manner. The services provided will be monitored and reviewed to ensure added value is achieved.
- To promote One Team – One Complete Solution.
- To ensure appropriate level of staff / operative retention through effective leadership, motivation and development.
- To ensure that a safe working environment is maintained through compliance with all company health and safety policies and procedures
- To ensure that appropriate staffing levels are maintained with the necessary skills and provide all necessary training and development to ensure their competence in their respective roles.
- To drive a one team ethos through the whole centre and ensure that all OCS staff are working together to enhance the ‘customer experience’ from the minute they enter the centre to the minute they leave.
- Take an active part with CBRE Management in ensuring all OCS staff understand the objectives of the centre going forward.
- To participate fully in any activities, including opportunities for networking that raise the profile of OCS. Some activities being outside normal office hours.
- To keep up to date with developments in practices, techniques and products. Keep abreast of changes to legislation and amendments to approve codes of practice and introduce appropriate measures to ensure compliance and delivery of best practice.
- Overseeing the customer service team, maintaining and delivering high standards in line with the client’s business objectives
- Liaise with OCS internal and external statutory bodies to ensure compliance with OCS and industry regulations with particular emphasis on ISO quality systems and health & safety.
- Recruit, develop and manage the performance of all onsite operational staff to deliver OCS and customer requirements.
- Motivate staff to deliver a high quality experience to customers.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Management as directed.
- Regularly inspect all staff uniforms, monitor standards of cleanliness & replace as required
- Complete regularly ‘walk the walk’ audits & reporting back to line manager / OCS
- Produce monthly reports for the client, to fall in line with the KPI’s in place for security and customer services.
- Attend external meetings either with the client or on their behalf to local Service Partners and local Business Forums as and when required.
- Required to complete Duty Manager role on site in a rolling rota
- Highly literate and numerate (essential)
- Good I.T Skills
- Ideally educated HNC or equivalent with a minimum qualification of ‘O’ level passes.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Understand budgets and basic accounts
- Excellent skills in mathematics
- Support / develop / implement a staff development program
- Be a member of a professional body such as BIFM or CABE or working towards it.
- SIA Front Line Licence Holder
- CCTV Licence holder (OCS will train if not)
- BICS qualified or equivalent
- Hold an IOSH or NEBOSHH Certificate (OCS will train if not)
- Knowledge of other soft services and experience in delivery is preferred
- Preferred IPAF Licence
- Preferred PASMA Licence
- Experience of managing a Security service based contract.
- Proven track record of continuous improvement achievement
- Proven track record in delivering effective customer service whilst maintaining appropriate operating margins.
- Evidence of “hands-on” operational experience and a track record of successful client relationship management.
- Evidence of HR management skills, particularly in relation to organisational change.
- Successful track record in developing a “customer focused” service culture
- Proven record of managing, motivating, developing and retaining a workforce.
- Capable of innovative decision making and idea development.
- Capable of thinking outside of the box
- Capable of motivating people to help develop new concepts / procedures.
- Capable of communicating and selling new ideas / working conditions at all levels.
- Preferable skills to have worked with and motivated casual workers in a difficult work place
- Must be self-motivated and results orientated with effective inter – personal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels with honesty and integrity with openness and transparency.
- Must be able to demonstrate commitment to support the rest of the team at times of crisis.
- Maintain Client Liaison throughout the centre and work closely with the centre management team.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively to direct reports
- Ability to mentor and develop subordinates, counselling and coaching as necessary.
- High degree of interest in their own personal development and future career progression.
OCS UK & Ireland, part of the OCS Group, is a leading facilities management company providing a range of both standalone and integrated services including cleaning, catering, security, technical services, energy management and compliance, front of house, landscaping, logistics, waste management and pest control services. The company has a turnover of £1.5bn and operates across the UK and Ireland with 50,000 colleagues delivering innovative award-winning services to the private and public sectors and supporting the local communities in which it operates.
If you think that you have what it takes to join an amazing team at The Friary Guildford, we’d love to hear from you.