River Island — Floor Manager
Applications closing date: 22/09/2022
Ready to join one of the most successful fashion brands on the high street? Do you have a passion for fashion? Driven to achieve? United to win? If your answers are yes, we think you’ll love it here on the Island…
From our first shop in the remains of a North London bombsite in the 1940s, to now over 250 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally. We are known for our stylish, affordable fashion and we like to shout-it loud. Our Island community is everything and we are stronger together. Every Islander counts in making fashion a force for good and we value individuality and difference. Exceptional people have made River Island a success for over 70 years. Together we will continue to do so in the years ahead. We are one team. We are the difference. We are River Island.
What’s the role?…
As a Floor Manager, you will maximise sales through developing a team focused on delivering excellent standards, great service and driving omnichannel.
You will be leading by example with a hands-on approach.
We expect our management teams to be multi-skilled to provide us with more flexibility having the ability to work across the store in any area.
You will support business success by consistently delivering world class service and brand standards, whilst also being a brand ambassador helping to attract people who have a passion for fashion and share our brand values of being stylish, distinctive, fun, confident and fresh.
Our customer is at the heart of our business and you will be working with a passionate team who make people feel good by spreading the joy of fashion!
Key Responsibilities Focus
– Drive omni- channel sales and data capture through delivering the best service on the high street
– Increase conversion through customer engagement and spreading the joy of fashion
– Inspire customers using both verbal and visual engagement with the product
– Achieve and enhance brand standards including strong visuals
– Support achieving targets and drive key results through implementing strategic actions
– Use reports to make commercial and financial decisions that will increase profit
– Be aware of cost control, how to drive and protect profit
– Be fully responsible for all areas of retail risk and health & safety
– Coach and develop talent driving succession, creating strong teams
– Support the management team and take accountability in their absence
– Lead a team by motivating and encouraging teamwork to achieve goals
– Manage performance and give in the moment feedback
– Implement and delegate tasks with close follow up, but lead by example with a hands-on approach
– Ability to operate within different roles
– Recognise and adjust to change
– Ability to learn quickly, thoroughly and deliver the detail
– Able to manage challenges and pressure, to adjust quickly to changing circumstances and find solutions supported by management
– Adaptability to variation in work, requiring you to be multi-skilled
– Fast paced and purposeful approach Decision Making
– Deliver 100% compliance inline to all Company policies and processes
– Implement company decisions and take responsibility
– Seek advice from line Manager /expert and utilise team input when required
– Be well organised and capable of planning efficiently to deliver results
We’re looking for…
– Previous experience at Floor Manager level or be an experienced Supervisor/Team Leader looking for your next step up
– You may also be a small Store/Deputy Manager looking to move into a larger turnover environment
– Have a good understanding of the latest trends and our competitors
– Have good leadership skills
– Have experience in VM
– Have experience in analysing reports and making commercial decision
– Be able to work on your own initiative
– Be a great communicator and be able to engage your team
– Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
-Ability to make decisions, problem solve and take accountability with good planning skills
And wait, did we mention the perks?
Discount – Generous 50% staff discount so you can treat yourself!
Uniform – Uniform allowance
RI Rewards – More discounts and vouchers with Perks at Work
Giver Island – Give as you earn scheme, a ‘Giver Island’ day each year and matched funding
Training on the job – Support with upskilling skills through on the job training and qualifications
Holiday – 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
We mentioned the discount, right!?