News — Keep Guildford Warm EXTENDED DATES
Keep Guildford Warm is run in partnership with Guildford Action and all money raised through the initiative will be donated to them.
Guildford Action provides a safe, non-judgmental refuge for people who’ve fallen through the net, or out of everyday society.
Some need practical help with essentials like food, shelter, clean clothes and healthcare. The team at Guildford Action provide them. When people have the basics, they can start to put the rest of their lives back together.
Through physical and emotional support, Guildford Action help people reconnect with society and themselves, rebuild their self-esteem and recover their identity and sense of belonging.
Help us to share the warmth this winter
As the increased cost of living and energy crisis is affecting many people this winter, we are proud to have teamed up with Guildford Action to help the community to wrap up warm.
The ‘Keep Guildford Warm’ clothes bank, has been set up to help make a positive difference to those who need it.
This clothes bank is a little different to your average clothes bank and there are several ways to get involved:
1. TAKE A LOOK – Head down and browse the clothes bank
2. IF YOU NEED IT, TAKE IT – If you see something you need then it is yours to keep
3. MAKE A DONATION – If you are able to make a donation you can do so via the cash buckets or by clicking here
4. SWAP – Exchange items that you don’t need for something that you do need
5. DONATE CLOTHES – If you have items of pre-loved winter clothing you no longer need then please donate them at the clothes bank on Level 1 opposite HMV or at the Management Office just around the corner and we’ll help rehome them.
Keep Guildford Warm Clothes Shop is open from 10am till 2pm on the following dates :
Wednesday 25th January
Wednesday 1st February
Wednesday 8th February
Wednesday 15th February
Wednesday 22nd February
The store is accessible to everyone but we are asking people to be kind and respectful when selecting items so that we can share the warmth with as many individuals and families as possible.
Please consider limiting yourself to 5 items per person.
If you are in need of more please speak to one of the store volunteers.
What items of clothing are needed?
Accepting coats, scarves, gloves, hats, jumpers and blankets for men, women and children of all ages, donations can be dropped off at the management office until Wednesday 1st February 2023.
- All donations can kindly be dropped off at the Management Office located on level 1, near HMV.
- We can only accept pre-loved items that are in good, clean condition.
We are delighted to partner with Guildford Action to help keep Guildford warm this winter.
To find out more information about their services, please visit their website guildfordaction.org.uk
The charity number is: 1078721