Our Store Managers are inspirational role models who aspire to continuously improve!CELEBRATE LIFE & EXPRESS LOVE
Store Manager – H.Samuel – Guildford
As Store Manager here at H.Samuel in Guildford you’ll be responsible for achieving the store’s targets through promoting the sales culture instore, building and inspiring a strong customer-first team and by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. You’ll be passionate about role modelling your selling skills, coaching and inspiring your team through great leadership and adopting a proactive approach to sales management.
You’ll also be responsible for consistent compliance with company instructions, policies and processes and will be responsible for control of costs, payroll, shrinkage and expenses for the store. You’ll also oversee the planning and organisation of operational activities within the store.
We encourage our Store Managers to lead their teams boldly, by showing them the way and inspiring them, thereby creating a sense of pride and willingness to exceed expectations.
As the face of H.Samuel, we want you to reflect our brand, culture and customers. You certainly won’t find our Store team members suited and booted. Instead, we’re proud of our team’s unique personalities and to showcase this we have a fashion conscious, business casual dress code, which encourages our teams to celebrate their own tattoo’s, piercings and style!
Jewellery, Watch & Gift Retail is truly unique!
In any of our H.Samuel stores you’ll see our knowledgeable team members devote their days to sharing and celebrating special life-changing moments with our customers. We love that we are a key part in making an engagement, a wedding or the celebration of a loved-one’s Birthday even more special by ensuring our customers discover the perfect piece to mark the occasion. Ours is an environment like no other. Join us – Be part of something special!
Are you the perfect gem?
We’re looking for suitable candidates to demonstrate the following:
- An excellent track record of successfully achieving KPI’s.
- Experience of holding accountability for managing the commercial performance of a store.
- Experience of leading store teams.
- Experience of target-setting and interpreting business data.
- An ability to inspire, coach and develop your team to maximise potential and performance.
- Proven track record of role modelling and consistently delivering amazing customer experiences.
- Clear passion for our products and ability to put yourself in our customers shoes.
- A competitive spirit.
- Basic knowledge of legislative responsibilities e.g. recruitment, employment law, health and safety, trading standards.
What will you receive in return?
Upon joining us as a Store Manager you’ll be supported from day-one through our bespoke Management Induction programme which equips you with the core detail you require in order to succeed in-store. Brand training and internationally recognised Gemmological qualifications and other product-based training modules will all also be available at your fingertips through our internal ‘Signet Jewellery Academy’. In addition to being able to access dedicated Learning & Development resources you’ll also achieve the following benefits:
- A minimum of 33 days holiday per annum
- Generous Cross-brand staff Discount of up to 30%
- Life Assurance
- Retirement savings scheme
- Give as you earn Scheme
- Online High Street Retail Discounts
- “Shine With Signet” – Our excellent internal recognition and reward system
- Brand based and in-house performance incentives
- Apply now to see how your career could Shine with Signet!
Be part of something special!
Signet is the name behind H.Samuel and Ernest Jones – so altogether, we have 350 UK stores selling some of the most fashionable and exclusive watch and jewelery brands on the High Street. But that’s not all. We also have stores in the US, Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. In fact, we’re the largest speciality retail jeweler in the world, by sales. Just imagine where your retail career could take you.
Signet Jewelers (H.Samuel & Ernest Jones) is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and are proud to have achieved Disability Confident Committed status (Level 1). All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.