Oliver Bonas — Assistant Store Manager
Applications closing date: 28/12/2022
We have an amazing opportunity for an Assistant Store Manager to join Team OB in our Guildford Store.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will work alongside your Store Manager to enhance sales and motivate your team. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will bring enthusiasm, positivity, and joy to the store by inspiring your customers and colleagues and maximising sales.
This will be a flexible contract, meaning you will have a fixed number of hours you will work per week across a variety of days and shifts. Your rota will be communicated to you in advance by your line manager.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
OB Assistant Store Managers will:
- Analyse a variety of reports to measure the success of the store and team.
- Work with KPIs to evaluate the store’s performance and identify development areas.
- Lead by example and provide guidance to all team members, making sure their personal objectives and the store’s objectives are being met.
- Work alongside the store manager to ensure the team delivers exceptional customer experiences.
- Support your store manager with progress meetings and appraisals in a timely manner for all team members and carry out the meetings where appropriate.
- Work with your team to develop and support their career progression.
- Follow company guidelines for all cash handling including till transactions and cashing up.
- Make sure the team always adhere to OB operational standards.
- Have an approachable yet authoritative written and verbal communication style, in-keeping with the Oliver Bonas tone of voice.
- Generous employee discount up to 60% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Free membership for our Westfield Health Cash Plan or Private Medical
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
- Free refreshments and treats in store
- An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
- Experience in team management.
- Positivity, vibrancy and ready to take on anything.
- Someone who’s kind, helpful and considerate towards customers and team members alike.
- Exceptional organisation skills and natural multi-tasking ability.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ambition, resourcefulness and someone who’s looking for opportunities to learn more.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity